Friday, 11 February 2011

Twitter, loans and a bit more.

So the midweek Q&A session came and went with very little controversy and by all accounts was a real success.  It sounds to me as if Michael Slater is making all the right noises at the moment.  Surprising to some I would imagine as there was some suspicion regarding Slater's intentions initially.   Although not able to attend the event myself, current technology allowed me to keep up to date with the issues using my mobile phone.  Yes, love it or hate it Twitter does have it's uses.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those that were going out of their way to share the information particularly @AndyLopata and @mattfricker who were probably two of the most consistent tweeters.

So news of a new big screen was welcomed.  I remember when the original one was installed, it really made me start to feel like we were a proper Premier League side.  Most other grounds had one at the time so it was almost like we were finally becoming an established side in the nations top division.  How things have changed since.  I do however feel that it is a positive step by the Board and definitely a show of it's intentions for the future of the club.

The transfer window for loan signings officially opened this week and it was great to hear news last night that we have secured the services of Matt Fry a little bit longer.  Matt has been pretty solid in most of his appearances for us.  His most hair raising moment came last week at Yeovil when he almost scored a cracking goal, albeit in the back of his own net, it took Rob Elliot to come up with a superb save to prevent the blushes.  I'm glad that the two clubs were able to do a deal and I'm sure Matt will be appearing for us a good many times before the loan expires.

As far as other deals go not much seems to be happening.  Rumours were doing the rounds that Jason Euell might be making a return to The Valley, but Powell seems to have put the kibosh on that with his recent comments so I guess it's a case of wait and see if anything else happens.  We seem to have some decent players sitting on the bench right now, although there are some congested fixtures ahead, particularly in March where we have 4 Saturday games plus 4 midweek games throughout the month.  Hopefully we'll have the legs for it and not get unlucky with injuries  I believe we have up until 24th March to bring people in should it be required.

No comments:

Post a Comment