Saturday, 2 April 2011

A win!

A win, at last a win!  11 games without one and I'd almost forgotten what it feels like when we win.  I wasn't at the game, I spent the majority of it flying home from Peru and I managed to catch up on the score just before the final whistle went.

Apparently we had a decent game for the most part.  Started the first half well then tailed off and let them in, then after an inspiring teamtalk we came out and took the game to Orient.  I have to say, this has been coming.  Our performances over the last 3 to 4 games have markedly improved and we might have been a bit unfortunate not to have picked up the win a bit sooner.  I hope we can now go on to have a strong finish to the season.

Southampton away next.  A tough fixture.  Our season is all but over, but Southampton are still gunning for an automatic promotion slot.  I'm hoping we spoil their party by nicking all three points.

Cutting this one short.  Lack of sleep, poor diet, a long flight and all the excitement of Charlton winning has left me feeling a little drained.

EDIT:  Just managed to catch the highlights and all three goals were of good quality.  I thought Benson took his well considering it came in an at awkward height, Bradley still had to beat the keeper despite being gifted an opportunity.  I've seen many a Charlton player miss easier chances.  Finally, the cross from Stewart for Semedo's header was pin-point.  Very impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment